This information is correct as of Thursday, 30th July.
UPDATED RESTRICTIONS AND HEALTH ADVICE FOR REGIONAL VICTORIA
The Premier announced yesterday (Thursday 30 July) that everyone living, working or travelling in Victoria must wear a face covering when they are outside their home from 11.59pm Sunday 2 August.
He also announced that if you live in the local government areas of
- Greater Geelong
- Surf Coast
- Golden Plains, and
- the Borough of Queenscliffe
you cannot have visitors to your house – at all. However, you can still meet up with people in cafes and restaurants.
For more information on restrictions AND how to wear a face covering properly, check out the DHHS coronavirus webpage.
Stay safe and cover your face!
This information is correct as of Wednesday, 22nd July.
From 11.59pm Wednesday 22 July, everyone living or travelling in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire must wear a face covering when leaving home to try and slow down the spread of COVID-19. Face coverings will be compulsory for people aged 12 and over. If you don’t wear one, you may be fined.
So what does this mean for schools?
- If you are a student who is going to a primary school for on-site supervision will NOT have to wear a face covering at school – even if you are 12 or older. BUT if you are 12 or older you WILL need to wear one travelling to and from school.
- Teachers and education support staff do NOT need to wear face coverings while teaching but they can if they want to. They MUST wear face coverings while not teaching (yard duty, travelling to and from school).
- All secondary school students who are attending school on-site MUST wear face coverings at school and while travelling to and from school.
- Students or staff that have a medical condition including – problems with breathing, serious skin condition on their face, a disability or a mental health condition – will NOT have to wear a face covering.
- Parents/carers will HAVE to wear a face covering when they leave the house.
If you live outside the Melbourne and Mitchell Shire areas you do not have to wear a face covering BUT if you go to or work at a school in these areas then you do. If you live in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and you work or go to school outside these areas you MUST wear a face covering outside the areas also.
What is a face covering?
A face covering covers your nose, mouth and chin. It could be:
- A disposable face mask
- A cloth face mask
- A scarf
- A bandana
It’s important we all work together to protect each other from this virus – so use the opportunity of wearing a face covering to express yourself!