Bendigo Senior Secondary College (BSSC) is a place where all students and staff are included and valued and harassment and discrimination have no place. The BSSC Inclusion Ambassador program has been established to help promote and celebrate the diversity within BSSC and to allow our community to better understand the experiences students and staff have in their everyday lives.
Students who have been trained as Inclusion Ambassadors will:
- Be informed about and sensitive towards people with disabilities, people of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds and people with intersex variations, diverse sexualities and gender backgrounds.
- Promote advocacy for diversity and a culture of inclusiveness within the college and broader community.
- Increase knowledge of the diverse backgrounds within BSSC and empower other students to advocate inclusive behaviours.
- Role model inclusive behaviours and sensitively challenge discriminatory views and opinions.
- Value and celebrate the diversity at BSSC by supporting BSSC events such as Cultural Diversity Week, Wellbeing Week and Respectful Relationships Day.
- Work closely with other BSSC Inclusion Ambassadors.
- Support partnerships with community organisations.
- Communicate with and be a voice for the many diverse groups within the BSSC community.
- Always maintain professionalism and clear boundaries in interactions with staff and students.
At the conclusion of the training students can decide if they wish to become a BSSC Inclusion Ambassador.